Pages

4.29.2019

Dance Class For Baby Chewie

The Monkey has been in dance class for 4 years now and it's been amazing for her to learn how her body works and how she can move her body. I decided to sign Baby Chewie up for dance class too. It's just through the community center, no dance studio yet. Parents do have to stay but they do not have to participate (these are the classes that I LOVE! I learned my lesson with The Monkey, do not sign up for parent participation classes because they are SO MUCH WORK AND SO MUCH BEGGING YOUR CHILD NOT TO MELTDOWN).


They don't really do too much "dancing," it's mostly running around like wild creatures and getting their wiggles out while loosely following along with the teacher.


They get to use scarves and run wild. 


And tape spots. Did you know that toddlers absolutely freaking love their tape spots? These kids are enamored with their tape spots. And they stay on their spots!


Plus watching kids learn how to flex and point their feet is hilarious. I'm really happy there's other boys in the class, though Baby Chewie doesn't care because he's been one of few boys in every ECFE class or whatever class he's been in. There's quite a few more classes plus a very small recital in June, I need to get Baby Chewie a button up white shirt and black pants. Supposedly they're going to put ties on the boys, I don't think Baby Chewie would let me put one on him but he'll definitely let his teacher! I'll share photos of that in June.

Happy MOnday!

No comments: