Pages

4.25.2019

New Read on My List


Super excited to start this one, but I have to finish two books first - No One Ever Asked by Katie Ganshert and Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue.

This past Saturday Bimmer Man and I biked to a new book store that...also sells adult beverages! It's called Cream & Amber and it's not far from the Greenway so it's easy to get to for biking. It's on the west end of Main Street in Hopkins - you'd drive right by it if you didn't know it was there. There is street parking, it doesn't look like you'll have to parallel park with much difficulty if you're worried about that. On Saturday it looked like they had the beginnings of an outdoor patio area (because here in Minnesota we want to be outside on nice days, otherwise it's winter and we're hibernating!). I saw chairs and tables set up outside. Inside there were comfy chairs, side tables for your beverages and tables for laptops. Cream & Amber was really bright and airy - the atmosphere was really cozy and bright. 

There was a separate room for book club meetings or just regular meetings with a table and chairs plus club chairs which seemed pretty comfy for a book club meeting! I will have to suggest it for my book club for next time. I think it would be a great place to meet (plus then I'd buy more books!).

So...if you're in the Twin Cities area, check out this cute little book bar - it was really fun to go to and I had a great time wandering the shelves with my beer and wondering which book I was going to take home next. This isn't a large bar, the books are all lined on shelves and there's not a HUGE selection, instead the choices are limited but all very good. There's definitely something here for everyone (except apparently Bimmer Man who claimed he didn't want to load down my backpack with a heavy book and then said that he had too many on his to-read list but seriously, every to-read list is so long, might as well add on another book!). I'm planning on returning here later this week with the kids because yes, they did have a box of kids books that were in easy reach for the little ones!

No comments: