Pages

3.23.2010

Book Club Thursday


Well, here's the book we're reading. It's fantastic and I've been finished for about a week now. Honestly, it's sort of cliche and cheesy, but I'm totally interested in World War II (have you seen Band of Brothers or The Pacific? OMG, I can't miss an episode!) and I like reading about the German Occupation in different areas of Europe. I think the next book I read may be of the Occupation in Paris. I'll share when I know what it's going to be.

There's just one problem.

I just have to get my house ready for Book Club.

And Odie, of course, like a dog does, got the floors all muddy and my clean carpet dirty. So for the second time in two weeks, I shall be steam cleaning the carpets again. Did I ever mention that I want tile in my back porch instead of carpet? Who puts carpet right by the back yard where dirty and muddy dogs come in? Well, not me!

I do have to hang up more photos (Ok, I have to print some too), buy a couch cover so the girls aren't covered in dog fur, and possibly purchase a rug, though we'll see how ambitious I am tomorrow.

And I have to figure out what to make. I'm thinking samosas with mango chutney (totally not related to WWII) and probably something else. But samosas are super easy and I LOVE curry... Plus they're appetizer-like as well.

Any other suggestions for appetizers? Any favorite dips?

Kathy - I know you read this. What's your favorite appetizer. I want to make it vegetarian, so no bacon wrapped scallions or anything like that...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Well, since I got a shout out (Thanks! I feel cool in the world of the inter-webs), I will leave what I think is my 3rd or 4th comment on your blog.

I feel that taco dip (you know the 7-layer one w/ beans, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.,) is everyone's favorite app.

Otherwise bruschetta is also a crowd pleaser!

I'm excited to see your house! And meet the doggies! And talk about the book, which I finished last night and LOVED!

Jessi | Minnesota Mrs. said...

spinach/artichoke dip (recipes are all over online) and I always appreciate a basic veggie tray. Have fun at book club!