Pages

3.17.2010

Chicken, Tomato & Bean Something-or-Other With Cous Cous



From Blog Stuff - Food

So I needed something to make with all the leftovers and cans of food in the cupboards.

Turns out, a random modge podge of food tastes pretty good!

So here's what I mixed together:

Leftover shredded lemon pepper chicken
1 can artichoke hearts
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can Cannelloni beans
1/2 cup Tuscan house dressing
1 cup chicken broth
1 small onion, finely diced
2 turkey sausages, browned & casings removed
Salt & pepper

I just simmered it all for about 20 minutes, then poured it over a mound of cous cous.

I was impressed because normally when I throw stuff together, it doesn't really turn out that great.

So, be bold, throw everything but the kitchen sink into a pan and pour it all over rice, cous cous or pasta. You never know what you're going to get!

No comments: